LILYDALE CITY COUNCIL
- Age: 68
- What qualifies you to hold this position? I have served as a Lilydale City Council member for the last 3+ years. I recently retired from a 44 year career in wholesale distribution managing nine regional warehouses and 100+ employees. I have lived in Dakota County since 1992 and Lilydale since 2015. I am a full time resident of Lilydale and am proud to call it my home.
- What would your top priorities be if elected? The successful re-development of the River Bluff Center along Highway 13 is one of my top priorities. Lilydale has historically maintained low property taxes for their residents. My goal is to continue to provide a high level of services to our residents and businesses while keeping future tax increases to a minimum.
- What do you think is the primary role of government? I believe the primary role of government is to responsibly manage the city’s budget. To provide police and fire protection that insures the safety and well being of the residents and business that we serve. To understand the needs of the people we serve with the goal of making our community a place where both residents and businesses can thrive.
- How would you rate Minnesota’s response to the coronavirus? What would you do differently? I believe that our Governor and his administration have done a good job responding to the coronavirus. I appreciate the support the State of Minnesota has given to counties and local communities to deal with the additional unbudgeted costs associated with our response to the pandemic. Hopefully we will have a vaccine soon.
- Website or contact: [email protected]
Bill Kleinman (Candidate information not available)
- Age: 68
- What qualifies you to hold this position? I have a great interest the future of Lilydale. I believe in volunteerism and would like to extend my service as current president of the Lilywood Homeowners Association to the larger Lilydale community. Also, I hold a Master of Business Administration degree from the University of St. Thomas.
- What would your top priorities be if elected? I am committed to ensuring that Lilydale remains a safe, beautiful and economically livable city. This can be achieved through sound management of our fiscal and environmental resources, and by monitoring business development in Lilydale and it neighboring communities.
- What do you think is the primary role of government? Government’s primary role is public safety and enhancement of life through parks, community centers, etc. Government business regulation may also be necessary if businesses, through their practices, indicate a harm to the community.
- How would you rate Minnesota’s response to the coronavirus? What would you do differently? Given the difficulty of this unprecedented situation and the weak federal government response, I believe Minnesota’s Covid-19 policies have been what’s necessary to strike a balance between public health safety and the needs of business and people’s desire to return to some semblance of normal activities.
- Website or contact: www.facebook.com/bartforlilydale
Powered by WPeMatico