SHOREVIEW CITY COUNCIL
- What qualifies you to hold this position? Elected to the City Council in 2016; current VP of Economic Development Authority. Previous volunteer on both the Economic Development Commission and Economic Development Authority. 2019 President/current Executive Board member of the Ramsey County League of Local Governments. 40 year career at Thomson Reuters with 25 years in leadership roles.
- What would your top priorities be if elected? Economic Development to keep tax base solid and city property taxes low; Housing, including focus on affordable housing options, and variety of housing options for new and current residents; Enhance and increase community engagement. Maintain focus on fiscal responsibility, environmental initiatives, and parks and trails..
- What do you think is the primary role of government? The primary role of government is to provide essential services such as clean water and infrastructure, public safety and stability, managing revenue and expenditures responsibly and an ongoing governance of maintaining the above areas toward an optimal quality of life for all residents.
- How would you rate Minnesota’s response to the coronavirus? What would you do differently? Public health and safety are paramount; economic health/recovery depends on citizens’ comfort level with their own and their families’ safety. MN has shown leadership in proactively securing PPP, testing programs and public communication. More clarity is needed at the local level toward testing access, timely results and requirements to get one.
- Website or contact: suedenkinger.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- What qualifies you to hold this position? For the past 8 years I’ve served as council member elect, additional leadership; President of the Shoreview Economic Development Authority, Lake Johanna Fire Department Board, Lake Johanna Relief & Association and Northeast Youth And Family Services. I hold a BA in Criminal Justice, MA in Human Development and a Humphrey Policy Fellow graduate.
- What would your top priorities be if elected? Community Safety: Working collaboratively with Ramsey County Sheriff’s & Lake Johanna Fire Department. Advancing and Establishing Partnerships: Programs that support retention and expansion of businesses & new partnerships that result in success. Sustaining High Quality of Life; I commit to continuing the quality of life our community desires.
- What do you think is the primary role of government? Every resident in Shoreview deserves to have ethical, honest and hard working leaders representing them. The primary role of government is to serve the people and improve their quality of life where the reside on a daily basis.
- How would you rate Minnesota’s response to the coronavirus? What would you do differently? As the healthcare crisis began, it was immediately apparent that our state was leading in its response. While there is never going to be a one solution approach to something of this magnitude, I do believe immediate collaboration occurred in an effort to keep Minnesotans safe. With so many variables at play, I’d continue to leverage science @data
- Website or contact: 763.443.5218
Age: (Candidate information not available)
- What qualifies you to hold this position? As a thirty-year strategic marketing and sales professional, I have many transferrable skills including business development, change management control, organizational leadership, project and operations management as well as budgeting experience that will bring value to the governance of the city of Shoreview.
- What would your top priorities be if elected? To stabilize small businesses in Shoreview. To attract more job recruitment and economic growth to the city. To improve and communicate new safety plans for the residents of the city.
- What do you think is the primary role of government? To govern, manage and communicate the operational needs of its citizens. To protect and serve so all constituents feel safe and have a good quality of life. To make decisions that will benefit the next generation so they can continue to advance our society.
- How would you rate Minnesota’s response to the coronavirus? What would you do differently? I think our state’s action plan was good in the absence of consistent medical and logistical information from the federal government. I think the MN Covid-19 Response Team’s willingness to plan, act and communicate saved lives.
- Website or contact: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jillianmcadams2/
- What qualifies you to hold this position? I have spent my life serving people as a doctor and leader in the medical field, volunteering and often working with underserved communities. As Shoreview becomes increasingly more diverse, our government must reflect that. I will actively listen, engage and work to ensure all Shoreview residents are healthy, safe, and have access to opportunities.
- What would your top priorities be if elected? Recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic by prioritizing the health and well-being of residents and the economic vitality of small businesses. Combating climate change and preserving our lakes, parks and trails. Making the city more inclusive, accessible and equitable for all residents by increasing affordable housing, jobs and transportation options.
- What do you think is the primary role of government? Government serves to protect human rights and better individual’s lives. When equal opportunity and justice are available to ALL, government strengthens a community and the relationships within it. As councilmember, it would be my job to make sure Shoreview is working for people of every race, gender, age, ability, sexuality, class, and religion.
- How would you rate Minnesota’s response to the coronavirus? What would you do differently? Below average. As a Family Physician I have dealt with this virus up close. Communication has been scattered and politically fueled and the testing inadequate. A unified plan with medical professionals in local government giving unbiased information, increased testing, and access to quality medical care for all will prevent more unnecessary deaths.
- Website or contact: daveforshoreview.com
Abraham J. Wolfe
What qualifies you to hold this position? Shoreview Planning Commission Vice-Chair Jan 2019 to present
Shoreview Planning Commissioner Jan 2016 to present.
Homes of Hope Feb 2020 – Build 3 Homes and as company and group paid off their mortgages in Mexico.
Bayport, MN Reserve Police Officer – Jan 2011 to May 2013
What would your top priorities be if elected? 1. Decrease the City of Shoreview’s Debt.
2. Find ways to Increase Revenue for the City without increasing Taxes.
3. Drive for Community Involvement that Enhances Inclusiveness for all.
- What do you think is the primary role of government? To speak for all residents of the community who are outspoken or not outspoken. To make decisions for the improvement of the city while remembering the character and history of the community. To listen.
- How would you rate Minnesota’s response to the coronavirus? What would you do differently? I believe MN and its state and local leaders have done a good job with the data and information they were and have been provided. Our local school districts jump in and provided drive up food for families; Our City provided programs for small businesses, and we worked with neighbors who had potential medical concerns to help pick up groceries.
- Website or contact: email@example.com; 952-240-1884
Powered by WPeMatico