STATE REPRESENTATIVE DISTRICT 51B CANDIDATES
- Political party: Republican
- City of residence: Eagan
- What qualifies you to hold this position? As a concerned citizen of the United States I have the opportunity to represent my community. I am passionate about helping people have a better life. I am educated having a Bachelors in Christian Education and a Masters in Intercultural Leadership. I have learned a lot in life and will do all I can to serve the people in my community and state.
- What would your top priorities be if elected? Economy helping small businesses and families recover from the effects of Covid-19 and the shutdown. Education system that benefits all students and allows for Parental choice. Affordable Health Care, by lower insurance premiums and cost of services which include no hidden costs and better access to healthcare for veterans and seniors.
- What do you think is the primary role of government? The Primary role is to serve the people and work to establish a common sense government. One that is constitutionally sound and continues to guarantee basic freedoms such as Freedom of Speech, Freedom of Religion, and gives everyone the opportunity to pursue happiness.
- How would you rate Minnesota’s response to the coronavirus? What would you do differently? I think Minnesota’s response to Covid-19 was initially good. I would have allowed businesses to reopen sooner. Even though Covid-19 continues to be a serious concern, it is no longer an emergency. I think the Governor’s emergency powers should be limited now and the legislature given more input into measures to be taken going forward.
- Website or contact: fernforhouse.org, [email protected], 612-987-7499
- Political party: Democratic-Farmer-Labor
- City of residence: Eagan
- What qualifies you to hold this position? I’ve lived in Eagan for almost 30 years as an engaged parent, volunteer, and businesswoman. With a career centered on solving complex problems in healthcare, leadership, and tech, I understand our community, our needs as families, and what it takes to succeed. My leadership style is based on listening to others and bringing everyone to the table.
- What would your top priorities be if elected? 1. Making sure every Minnesotan has access to a good job, affordable healthcare, & housing 2. Connecting every household & business to high-speed broadband to thrive in the new global economy 3. Confronting the climate crisis with clean energy powering the economy of the future 4. Fighting racial disparities in every action and for all communities.
- What do you think is the primary role of government? To paraphrase the preamble to the U.S. Constitution, I think the primary role is “We the people” working to establish social justice, ensure healthy communities, promote economic well-being and, in general, secure the blessings of community and liberty for ourselves, our neighbors, our children, and our children’s children. This is why I’m running.
- How would you rate Minnesota’s response to the coronavirus? What would you do differently? I give high marks to Governor Walz for his open and honest, science-based approach to the crisis and support his careful use of emergency powers. Despite public posturing by Republicans, which has undermined the state’s response, divided us for partisan political gain, & put public health at risk, I’d stay deliberate in our approach to reopening.
- Website or contact: lizreyer.com, [email protected], 651-398-4765
Powered by WPeMatico